Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Belated Friday High Five

I missed last week's Friday High Five because my husband and I were out of town for the long weekend and we left town on Thursday afternoon. I will still recap the 5 greatest thing from my week (or slightly longer)

1. My extra holiday was approved after some fear that we might miss out on one day of our long weekend. My boss forgot that she had approved that day, months ago. But it all worked out in the end!

2. We got some very exciting news. I don't want to share it just yet but we are very happy.

3. We left town! For 5 glorious days we were out of the bustling city and into the wilderness, staying at my parent's cabin in British Columbia. The weather was fabulous. The company was great! What a perfect mini holiday!

4. My best friend, Meghan, was able to make it out to the cabin to spend one night and a day and a half with us. I was very happy that she was able to get the time off work because, last minute, it looked like she was going to have to stay behind. She was supposed to spend a few days with us but one day was better than none.

5. I feel like a little kid.... I am so excited to tell you about my new bike! Dan and I had purchased new bikes at the start of this season. I really wanted an old style cruiser bike but they were crazy expensive! So, I settled for a regular mountain bike. It has gear shifts on the handle bars which I thought was great at the time. Turns out that makes the handlebars too large for my little hands so it was just painful riding it. When we went down to the US over the weekend I saw just the bike I had been looking for, and best of all it was on sale for less than $100! We wound up having to make two trips to pick up the bike because it would not have fit in our SUV with all the stuff we had purchased and three people. I can't wait to put it back together and give it a try! It's so cute and so me!


No comments:

Post a Comment