Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

August Glymm Bag Review 2012

Let me start by saying.... Wow, am I ever far behind! Sorry about that! I think I am missing a couple of reviews along the way, too. I'll see if I can go back and get those on for you guys.

I received my Glymm bag a couple of weeks ago now. I'll admit, I am still guilty of checking it out online before it arrives, so I already knew kind of what to expect. I knew there were a few allusive bottles of nail polish out there! A lot of girls got laundry wash for their delicates and a sample vial of vanilla perfume. I wasn't really feeling those so I had my fingers and toes crossed for some of the polish.

If you're not familiar with Glymm, it is a monthly beauty box (bag) subscription that costs $12 / month. I wasn't super keen on the July box, so I really had high hopes for this one. Let's take a look at what I had in my bag.

First of all, the bag itself was really cute this month. It's a shiny, silvery black. However, I'm still not sure how I feel about getting one of these each month. I simply do not need them. These bags retail for $12 on the Glymm site, although I definitely don't think I would pay that. 


 The next item I pulled out of the bag was this Mai Couture Blush Papier in Prettyful. These are similar to the oil blotting papers that we received a couple of months ago, but these ones add a touch of color. I actually really like the color I received. One sheet is way more than enough for one application, I think you could probably get 3 uses out of one sheet, at least.

Full size: $19.00 for 50 sheets (approx. uses: 100)
Sample size: 2 sheets
Approx. Sample Value: $0.76



 Next up was a sample of  Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lipgloss. All of the colors sent out were different shades of nude. The color I received was Barely Blush. A very light pink nude, really a nice color. The sample size was pretty small on these but was in really cute packaging. The lipgloss itself is a really nice flavor and goes on beautifully.

Full size: $26.00 for 2.96 ml (approx. uses: 173)
Sample size: 0.24 ml
Approx. Sample Value: $2.11
















Next we have a bit of a repeat. I received a similar sample of Vitamin & Sea face mask in one of my other boxes a few months ago. (If I'm not mistaken it was in Glymm). This is a really nice mask, however the last time I used it it started to burn my face, so I think I will be giving this to a friend who can get some use out of it. The packaging is a little different this time, but still really cute!



Full size: $62.00 for 210 ml (approx. uses: 63)
Sample Size: Roughly 10 ml
 
Approx. Sample Value: $2.95


Then I pulled this really cute cream out of the bag. I haven't had a chance to try this out yet, but I thought the labeling was really cute. This is Bentaberry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream for Boys and Girls- Regulating Line.

Full size: $22.00 for 30 ml (approx. uses: 70)
Sample size: 3 ml
Approx. Sample Value: $2.20


The thing I am most excited for in this bag is the Coccolily nail polish I received (Yay! I got the nail polish!) This is the most adorable shade (sorry forgot the name and didn't get a shot of it). All the colors sent out were different shades of pink. This one reminds me of bubblegum or cotton candy. It is great! Will be so perfect for spring. This nail polish totally saved this bag for me.


Full size: $12.00 for 15 ml
Sample size: 15 ml
Approx. Sample Value: $12.00


There you have it. I think I will be keeping this subscription for now, however I just got a note from Topbox that I will be off the waiting list and in line to receive the October edition. So I might reconsider things as that date approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment