Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Novemeber Top Box Review

I received my second Top Box in the mail this week and I really thought it was quite great. I had spent some time poking around online, so I know there were at least two versions of the box. For the most part I was really happy with the contents of mine. Let's take a look!

Again, I must apologize with the way Blogger posts my photos. I still haven't found the trick to rotating those (even though they are saved the proper way).

The first item I pulled out of the bag was Benefits They're Real! Mascara. I have heard a lot about this mascara and I have seen it pop up in a number of beauty boxes, but this is my first sample of it. In fact, I'm not sure I have ever tried a Benefit product. I'm usually not much of a mascara person, I find that they make my eye lashes hurt. I have been wearing it a bit more in the last little while because I received an amazing sample in one of my other beauty Boxes. I really hope this one is just as good! The full size mascara retails for $29.00. This sample size is worth about $9.60.


The next item out of my box was a full sized China Glaze nail polish. This is another first for me, I have seen all kinds of China Glaze polish, but I have never had the opportunity to try it out. I really love this color! It's part of their Safari collection and I am very excited to try it out. When I was looking at some of the other boxes online I noticed that some girls received a color called I'm Not Lion. It's a very pretty iridescent, gold color. I liked it some much that I placed an order for it this morning. I hope it really is as pretty in real life. The China Glaze polishes sell for about $8-$12 depending on where you find them. This is a full size bottle.


Next up was this bright red lip paint by Pari. I wasn't too sure about this color when I pulled it out of the box. I don't often wear very pigmented lip colors and this one is quite bold for me. I tried it on right away and actually really liked it. It is just as red as it looks but it goes on very smoothly and feels incredible on your lips. I'm hoping I will be able to get some good use out of this at Christmas time. The full size of this product retails for $14 and the sample size is not much smaller than the full size, so this sample is worth just over $10.


The last item I pulled out of the box was this beautiful perfume sample. The tester is for Vera Wang's Lovestruck. I have to admit that I am usually pretty leery about perfume samples. I am very particular on the kinds of scents that I like and some of them really bother me. Top Box describes this scent as a mainly floral scent, with soft hints of fruit and musk. Usually must and floral scents really turn me off, but this perfume is quite nice and well balanced. I could see myself using this on a regular basis. The full sized bottle of Lovestruck retails for $79 making this sample worth about $6.50.


That was it for this month's Top Box, but I really was very happy with it. Can't wait to see what December has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment