Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Ipsy November Review

I realized that I didn't actually get any of my reviews up from October, and for that I am sorry. A lot has changed with my beauty box subscriptions since September. I have decided to go ahead and cancel Glymm because it has been consistently weak, in my opinion. I did receive the November bag as my last one, and there really wasn't anything in there that is worth writing about. Another shampoo that I am unable to use, a perfume sample that is incredibly tiny, a teeny soap sample and one or two more items that I can't even remember. With Glymm's price increase it is just not worthwhile any longer.

I also cancelled my Glossybox subscription. I'm actually pretty sad about that decision. I have consistenly liked most of my Glossyboxes (and I really love the boxes they come in), but with their 40% price increase it is just not worth it to me any longer. I find these boxes often come jammed with drug store products and don't deserve the premium price tag. I believe I will be getting the November box as my last one.

I have now been signing up to receive the Natural Beauty Box. However, that is not exactly going as planned. I paid for the October box on September 18th and have yet to see it. They tell me there was a problem processing some of the orders. It should be in the mail this week, along with the free November box they are sending me. Not a great first impression, but I am really hoping it will be worth it once it finally does arrive.

I's also now decided to sign up for an Ipsy subscription (formerly MyGlam). I believe this is only just available to Canadians. When I looked at some of the reviews online it looked really great! It didn't take long for my first Ipsy bag to arrive...

The first thing I noticed about this subscription was the cute cosmetic bag it came packaged in. The bag is a chocolate satin with a gold zipper. I know I don't really need any more of these, especially after being bombarded with them from Glymm, but this one is very cute!

The first item out of the bag was a full sized eye liner pencil from Starlet. I have never heard of this brand before. This came in brown and I think it will suit me well, although I haven't had a chance to try it yet. 


The next item was a replacement for a lip gloss that was included in most other bags. It looked like it was a cute color, but I have received so many lip products in the last few months that I was happy to get a different product. This is eclos Plant Stem Cell serum. I tried this the other night and really liked it. A little goes a long way. It feels nice on my skin, although I think it will take several uses to see what it might do for my face.


I was so excited to pull this next product out of the bag. I was really hoping I would get this color! This is a full size bottle of Nailtini nail polish in the color Millionaire. It is a gold micro glitter with multi colored glitter bars in it. I think this will be so perfect for the holidays. I have never heard of or tried Nailtini, so I can't wait!


This next item looks familiar! Benefit They're Real! Mascara. I received another sample of this in November's Top Box. I think the other option was a brow gel, which I don't think I would ever use, so this is a nice item to have instead.


The last thing out of my first Ipsy bag was so cute! This is a sample of the Balm's new eye shadows in their Meet Matt(e) series. I think everyone got a sample of Matt Battali. The packaging is super cute and it is a generous sample. The photos of the eye shadow didn't turn out, but it is a very dark plum color- Perfect for my green eyes!


Overall, I think this is one of my favourite beauty boxes I have ever received and I am really looking forward to seeing what else Ipsy has in store. Their subscription is $10 a month and it is just shy of $5 to ship to Canada. So at $15 it's right on track with most of the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment