Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Thursday 6 September 2012

Glossybox August Review 2012

I was so excited when I got home from work yesterday afternoon and discovered the mailman had delivered this month's Glossybox. This is definitely one of my favourite beauty box subscriptions. It always comes packed with stuff, and this month was no exception.

It occurred to me that I have often mentioned how nicely these boxes are packaged, but I have never posted any photos to show you. I made sure to take some unpackaging photos this time around. The boxes are always a really nice heavy carboard covered in a pretty pink paper. The contents are wrapped in black tissue and then tied with a pink ribbon and sealed with a little sticker with the Glossybox logo on it.





This is my first peek into this month's box, and as always it looks jammed with goodies!












One of the first things I pulled out was a package of Biore Make Up Removing Towelettes. This is a package of 10 so I am happy they gave us so many to try out. Sometimes with these boxes I find the samples are just too small to really see how well they will work for me.

10 towelettes / $3.99

Next up was this fabulous box of Befine samples. There are 5 in all, ranging from a mud mask to exfoliating cleansers and a gentle cleanser. This is the product information;

You hear about the benefits of different foods, when ingested, for your skin and even topically applied. Befine is inspired by the healing properties of food ingredients to create cleansers, masks and scrubs that are paraben free, made with vegetarian proteins and having allergen-free fragrance. A most colourful box holds five samples including:
  • Gentle cleanser with sugar, mint, oats & rice this was really runny and lathered to a moderate extent but was effective in leaving my skin feeling clean and replenished
  • Pore refining treatment scrub with coconut, jojoba & citrus
  • Night cream with cocoa, millet & rice bran practically unscented and rapidly absorbed
  • Warming clay mask with cardamom, arnica and pomegranate
  • Exfoliating cleanser with brown sugar, sweet almond & oats

 I am really looking forward to trying these out. I loved the packaging on these, although i do think some of them will be tricky to use since there is obviously enough for more than one use.

5x 10 mL / $24























The next thing out of the box I'm not sure I will ever use. It is a gift card to a new website called Trend Trunk. Basically it is a consignment store online. I have a really hard time buying clothing without being able to try it on first. And since I am pregnant I don't think I would be able to buy regular clothing in the next little while. These gift cards supposedly have a value between $5 and $250. I checked mine out and it is a $5 card. So far I haven't seen any girls online who got more than $5.





















I am excited to give this next product a try, although I will admit I am still a little confused as to what it actually is. Even the product info wasn't overly helpful. The best I can figure out is that it helps control frizz. (sorry for the photo, I'm not sure why Blogger flips them sometimes. I have no idea how to get them the right way around).

Sebastian Potion 9 Lite
50 ml / $7.25





Next up is a shade of lipstick designed exclusively for Glossybox. This is a Kryolan lipstick in Glossy Pink. Kryolan is made in Germany. I have mixed feelings about this lipstick. It is a pretty shade. I don't wear much lipstick. When I put it on it looked really pretty under the artificial light in my house. Almost like a very pale nude color. However, when I went outside into the sunlight it looked like a really bright pink. Not sure how much I will use this. Also not really sure of the value. (again, sorry about the photo).

















When I was perusing some of the other reviews online I saw that most girls got a really cool glitter mascara. It looked really neat, but then I got thinking... when would I ever use that?! I was happy when I found a tiny bottle of nail polish instead. A girl can never have too many nail polish colors! This is Layla "Smalti" Bijou in shade 107. This is a really pretty metallic blue color. I think I will get a lot of use out of it. This tiny 4.5 ml bottle of nail polish retails for $11.99 so that pretty much pays for my box right there.



Last up we have a sample from Elastoplast. It's an SOS Blister plaster. Apparently this is supposed to help out when us ladies fall victim to miserable shoes. I could see this coming in handy. It is only one blister pad though, so you better hope only one shoe is making your life difficult. A nice bonus though, great to throw in your purse. (also thought the little shoe size wheel inside the packaging was a really cute idea!)

1 unit / $1.20


















Over all another fabulous offering from Glossybox!

No comments:

Post a Comment