Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Monday 5 November 2012

More Befine Reviews

Wow, looks like I have been slacking off again! I am so behind in getting any of my beauty box reviews up. I promise, I am going to try harder in the next little while. I do have to mention though... I have cancelled a couple of my subscriptions.

For those of you that haven't heard, Glossybox increased their price by 40%. Boxes are now $21/month. They did give us the October box for the usual cost of $15. To be honest though, I really wasn't too juiced about this box. It contained a lipstick in a dark brown color, a nail polish that doesn't even show up when you put it on, shampoo that I can't use because of the sulphates in it, and a drug store brand razor. The box just doesn't seem like it is worth the price any more, so I cancelled.

I also cancelled Glymm after receiving the October box. I actually didn't mind this month's box. In fact, it came with the BEST mascara I have EVER used! I'm sorry, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but it is amazing! Overall I have just felt the Glymm bags are a little lack lustre and I was getting bored with them. I can't use a lot of the skin care products at the moment because of the Pro Retinols in them. My mom has been benefiting from that fact, but I am just getting tired of so many skin care samples.

I did however sign up for another new box, Ipsy- formerly MyGlam Bag. It looks like this one has only just become available in Canada. It also looks like this subscription in mostly make up! That makes me pretty excited. I am really looking forward to trying this out. I think it was just short of $15 for Canadians.

I have also purchased the October Natural Beauty Box, although that has yet to show up. Hopefully in the next day or so.

I want to go back a couple of months to one of the items that was included in one of the Glossyboxes. They sent us a box that contained 5 different samples from Befine. I tried the mask first and hated it! The cleanser I tried second was amazing. I instantly fell in love with it and have purchased the full sized bottle.

Now I have had a chance to try out the other 2 cleansers that came in that box.

The first one was this Befine Food Skin Care Gentle Cleanser with Sugar, Mint, Oats, and Rice.

This cleanser smells great! Very minty and sweet. But that was about the last thing I enjoyed about this cleanser. The formula is so runny I had a hard time containing it in my hand before I could put it on my face. It's honestly as runny as water. That really turned me off this cleanser and it really had no redeeming properties for me after that. Total disappointment.

Then I tried the Befine Food Skin Care Exfoliating Cleanser with Brown Sugar, Sweet Almond and Oats. This cleanser was even better than the one I had already fallen in love with! It smells like hot oatmeal, sweet and caramelly (if that is a word). The texture is rough like sugar and ground almonds. I love that! I really love good exfoliators. It smells like heaven, and left my skin feeling so smooth afterwards. I instantly bought the full size in this as well. I am hopeful that it will be a little easier to get out of the bottle than it is to get out of the foil packet. The rough texture really makes it stick in there.


Overall, I just don't know how I feel about this company. Their products seems so inconsistent to me. The other item in the box was a nice cream. This was just ok for me. So looking back there were two samples that I loved and 2 that I hated. Not a great track record. The plus is that, of the products I loved... I really loved them and purchased the full size. Wish things were a little more consistent though.

No comments:

Post a Comment