I am totally doing the Friday dance! This week has dragged on and on. That being said, there were no shortage of fun things going on.
Taking a look at the best things from my week.
1. Time to come clean I guess, though by now I'm sure you're already onto us. My husband and I are expecting our first! We are both so excited. It is still really early though, I am only 9 weeks along. It was a real struggle for us to conceive this baby, so I think that makes it even more special. Of course we are still very cautiously optimistic that everything will turn out just fine. We had our second ultrasound last Friday afternoon. Everything looked good! Baby had a heartbeat of 157 bpm. The ultrasound techs thought everything looked good, so that was very encouraging.
2. Saturday evening was a lot of fun! We got to go to Chucky Cheese with some of our friends and their 7 year old son. If you're not familiar with Chucky Cheese, it is a pizza restaurant full of all kinds of carnival and arcade games. We wound up playing there for 4 hours! The time flew by and it was so much fun. We also got to share our news with these friends. They are very happy for us, and their little boy is so excited. It was pretty cute.
3. A baby on the way means a lot of changes at home. We have to move our current spare bedroom down to the basement to make room for a nursery. That also means moving Dan's "Man Cave," so that will lead to some renovations downstairs. We still have really ugly doors in our house (for whatever reason they have never been changed, even with all the renos we have already done). This week we made the decision to get some new doors. Out with the ugly flat brown doors and in with nice new white six panel doors! It was a little bit of a gong show when Dan went to order them the other day so we won't be replacing all of them just yet. A new bathroom door and nursery door are on their way! (at least that replaces the grossest doors ).
4. Yesterday was my, very soon to be, sister in law's birthday. we went over to her and my brother's place for some cake. It was a nice evening to just relax and enjoy some visiting.
5. The excitement is mounting! It is the Labour Day long weekend this weekend so we are heading out of town, likely for the last time this year, and to my parent's cabin in British Columbia. It will be nice to be able to see my Grandma before winter hits. (we don't normally make it out there once the snow flies). Kind of bittersweet though, i guess, this weekend sort of marks the end of summer. The good news is... it has been really hot out there the last week, and that is likely to continue.
Hope you all have a very fantastic long weekend, and all the best for the new week ahead!