Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Friday High Five

It's hee--eeer-ee.... Friday! It was a very nice short week and I am glad to be back here with my friend Friday. Looking back, it was a busy one!

1. Bittersweet, but my husband and I headed out to the cabin for the last time this year. Soon the snow will be flying and you could definitely feel the chill in the air this weekend. It was really nice to spend some time with my parents. We don't get to see them a whole lot in the summer. My brother and soon to be sister-in-law also joined us this time. It was fun having the whole family together. The 4 of us went into the US for some shopping one day, and that is always a good time.

2. Dan and I got to tell my grandmother our news this weekend. She had the greatest reaction. Got a huge grin on her face and said "Oh. My. Goodness!" It was great. This will be her first great grandchild and I think she is through the moon excited. Hard to believe that we will have a little one by the time we make it back out there next year. I think the news also came at a good time for her. She fell and broke her hip in June. Since then she has been living in a rehabilitation home. It hasn't been going so well for her, and over the weekend they had to move her to a different facility. As such, we weren't able to stop in to see her on our way home.

3. This week has been the week of deals! We all know that having a baby is expensive, but it has been my hope to make this as inexpensive as I possibly can. I have been scouring Kijiji looking for good deals, and I have certainly found a few. Including our beautiful white crib that we purchased from a couple for $40. Can't beat that! I love shopping around for a bargain!

4. After not seeing one another for about 2 weeks, my best friend and I were finally able to get together yesterday afternoon. She had taken a trip to Vegas just before we left for our extended long weekend. It was so nice to see her. We went and had a nice lunch, and then I had to stop by the doctors for a bit and we went shopping for a little while afterwards.

5. I am pretty excited for this weekend. We get to see my little brother get married! It is going to be a very small ceremony with just the two of them, my husband and I, and one of her friends. They have decided to do it in the little mountain town I used to live in, so it promises to be a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment