Life's Simple Pleasures Bring the Most Joy

Pages

Friday 27 July 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday again! I say that like this week didn't completely drag on and on. For whatever reason, it really felt like a long week. But here we are again... time to reflect on the positives from the last seven days.

1. My husband and I had the opportunity to get out and do some local scuba diving on Sunday. We went with a co worker of mine. It was so nice to finally be able to try out all our new equipment. I will admit, I did have a challenging time during our dive. The water is very cold here, so we were wearing very heavy wetsuits and gear. All that extra neoprene made me even more buoyant than normal. After putting on over 30 lbs of extra weight I was still having some issues. I think I will need to get out and do some more cold water diving. This was the first time we have gone diving with this colleague of mine, and I am so glad that we did. He made the day so much fun! It was great to bounce ideas off of him and gain some insight through his experience. I think we will be doing much more diving with him in the future, and that makes me very excited!

2. This high five is a little more personal. Not a lot of you know, but my husband and I have been dealing with infertility issues for the last year and a half. I have a condition that makes it a very rare occurrence to ovulate. It has meant a lot of blood tests, a lot of invasive procedures, and a lot of different drugs. We finally got some good news on Saturday! The fertility clinic called to let us know that I had, in fact, ovulated this month. That means it finally looks like this combination of drugs is working for me. I am very hopeful that they will continue to work and we will get lucky.

3. Most of you know that I am a very crafty person and love to sit and create- whether that is jewellery, soap, cards, cupcakes- it doesn't matter! I responded to an add on Kijiji last week for a Cricut Cake. I have a Cricut Expression and I am totally and completely in love with the thing. For those of you who aren't familiar with Cricut- essentially it is a die cutting machine. You use different cartridges to cut different designs into paper (or vinyl or other materials). Some of the designs are incredibly intricate. I call it "Video Games for Girls". We purchased one of the Cricuts for my mom for Christmas last year. She loved it and we had such a great time playing with it that I decided to get my own. It wasn't long before I decided to upgrade my small Cricut to the Expression, which has the capability to make much larger cuts. I think it is a much more versatile machine. The Cricut Cake is essentially the same things, except it cuts its shapes out of fondant or gum paste. I really hemmed and hawed over whether I should get this machine or not. I still haven't had a chance to try it out, but I do have some baking to do for a bbq this weekend so I am excited to get it out of the box.

4. My best friend came home from her 2 week holiday on Sunday night! I really missed her and I am so glad she's home. She had a great holiday, just what she needed! We went for dinner with her and another friend on Tuesday night.

5. I am really fond of one of Dan's Friend's girlfriends. We keep saying we should get together with them more often. Last night we had a double date to go see the new Batman movie. A good movie and even better company! I am glad we finally made it out with them.

Not a whole lot planned for this coming weekend, just really looking forward to some down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment